Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Salvo from Old School

So I guess it shall be written that I was the last one of us to post first.  That make a lot of sense... I am the youngest and the prettiest.

Where to start, where to start... Well, I guess a skyline, right?  Try this on for size.


Now, whether or not you can tell this is actually made of Legos.  Maybe later I will post an image of work, but the way that my company has algorithms working... they make the Agents of the Matrix seem like the automatic door openers at King Soopers (just for you dad).

And, because skylines aren't cool enough, I thought it would be fun for a picture of Salvo.  Not just any Salvo, but none other than David K. Hasle - Code Name: Salvo.  Be careful, his Primary Specialty is Anti-Armor trooper with a Minor in repairing the Dragon.  Now, I have no idea what the hell a Dragon is in regards to GI Joe, but this man can repair the hell out of it.  Look at him!!



His gun is friggin' spring loaded!!!  Shoot... that's hella cool.

Now, on to this nonsense about which Simpsons season is best.  Because, well, you both had some great ideas, and I will not say those seasons are not good.  I'm sure we can all agree on any season with a well rounded Tree House of Terror will be a pretty good season.  I just have to be the one that points this out... Season 6 is actually, in my mind and therefore correct, better.  Three things I have to point out here:

  1. As mentioned before, a very well rounded Tree House of Horror including their take on The Shining, a lunch lady who helps Skinner eat the children, and all of our favorite, the Time Travelling Toaster Episode.  And, at the end, the whole family is inside out...
  2. All the actual single episodes, like Bart vs. Australia, Homer who is thought to be a pervert when all he wanted was a Gummi Venus de Milo, Itchy and Scratchy Land, and who could forget that rare glimpse into the future with Lisa's Wedding where you can see that Bart is actually working towards getting his law school degree.  Too many other great episodes to count, so here is a link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_episodes#Season_6_.281994.E2.80.9395.29
  3. Lastly I hate to throw this in there, but I have to, just to help make a point.  It was the reason everyone tuned in to the next season... it ended with the first part to Who Shot Mr. Burns? and, as a marketing and viewer ploy, worked... even with us.


So, not sure how I will hold up in the baseball posts, but I can do some research and make a point or two.

And to prove that everything is cooler as an action figure, I give you this:


 And this... notice the 'Zero Points of Articulation' on the Monolith.


3 comments:

  1. Salvo looks like ripoff of Duke, am I right? Maybe they mis-painted a whole bunch of Dukes and called them Salvo...or my lappy's screen is too small.

    I deeply considered Season 6, and, obviously didn't consider that season's Treehouse of Horror closely enough. I'm sticking with my choices, but you're right about that Halloween episode; it could be the best one they ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Uh oh, that one's gonna cost me ..."

    That's a statement Homer makes, isn't it, when he kills a big bug while in prehistoric Springfield, and then all the dinosaurs fall over dead?

    Okay, that may not qualify as a sentence in English, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway, and trust my loving sons to understand it. And I'll leave it out there for either of you gentlemen to tackle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ultimate favorite part is when he goes back, beats the living shit out of everything, shouting Homer-ish obscenities... still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

      Anyway. If my fading memory serves, isn't that the time when everything was perfect, it even rained doughnuts, and he never stuck around to see, because the family had never heard of one?

      Delete