Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adding thirty

My microwave oven has a button you can hit, that adds thirty seconds of cooking time, and just starts running - you don't have to hit the Enter/Start button. I sometimes use it when heating water up for tea or whatnot. I've found that I can hit it four times (totaling 2:00 minutes of cooking time) in less than a second. When I do that, I can see the timer go from 2:00 to 1:59. I have also found, however, that I cannot add five sets of 30 seconds. Whenever I hit the "add thirty" button the fifth time, it's always at 2:29, and I can't hit the button fast enough to see 2:30 that way.

So that's what it feels like to put up a pointless and trivial blog post. I can see why people do it.

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember when we had the microwave go completely psycho and read off 666? It was older than I was, but the demon was as old as time itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that, Dan. I still tell the story today, complete with our nonchalance when it finally stopped spazzing out and stuck on 666. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete