Monday, October 22, 2012

New Lead Post

I'm tired of that "Yankees Crap the Bed" lead post up when I look at this site.

I know what you mean, dad, about the Yanks not feeling like a team of destiny this season, or whatever you want to call it. I felt like no matter how well Rafael Soriano did this year, and I figured he'd do quite well, with Mo hurt early and out for the year, I didn't really see them as winning it all this season back then. The most spectacular postseason relief pitcher of any generation out for the season shagging fly balls? That doesn't happen to Yankee championship teams.

And Dan...mom told me she was there at the house when you watched Friday the 13 Part VI: Jason Takes Manhattan, or whatever the exact title is...I think we might have a pretty classic list of shitty, shitty movies:

  1. Batman and Robin
  2. Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie
  3. Jason Takes Manhattan
  4. Grease 2
Even if it does have Michelle Pfieiffer...good call, dad. I mean, hell, even Leprechaun has Jennifer Aniston.

Dad, I ordered Gould's Book of Fish from Amazon for a penny plus shipping, which I considered a good deal. Whenever it gets here, I'll probably start it after I finish current Nobel laureate Mo Yan's The Garlic Ballads, which is what I expect snuff films would be like in book form. Here's a jump link to a write-up I did for that book earlier today.

I've got The Wind Up Bird Chronicles just waiting, as well as Sanctuary getting left behind for a second time. I'll finish it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment