Monday, January 18, 2016

From the "Seriously?" Files

Upon some deep-web searching, I came across little toys called "Minimates." They are tiny action figures that resemble Lego figurines. They have licensed very, very, many universes from which to cull characters.

A quick viewing of the Diamond Toy Distributor's website tells us Marvel, DC Comics, and Valiant all have minimates, The X-Files, Dr. Who, Back to the Future, Predator, and Alien also round out some of the more obvious minimate examples.

And then I found these:


In case you can't tell, and I'm sure you can't, these are figurines from Desperately Seeking Susan. This company has licensed---on the super-cheap, I'm guessing---Rosanna Arquette, Madonna, and the skull bag all from the movie. Check out the pose, just like the poster:


5 comments:

  1. Just what we needed, something else to spend our hard-earned money on.

    Desperately Seeking Susan made me a Madonna fan. She showed an awful lot of ability, and you completely understood the Rosanna Arquette character's motivation for trying to find her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what made me a Madonna fan? That skimpy fucking dress from Dick Tracy.

    I'm sure you, Dad (and mom) can remember buying the soundtrack to that movie for me. Holy cow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a conversation we had, Dan, about Prince and Madonna, in reference to which soundtrack you should buy...

    ReplyDelete